How can I buy something on Ebay:
There are 2 ways to buy something on eBay:
Auctioned products are the ones you need to bid for. Bidding in eBay works in the same way as outside. The guy with the highest bid will get the product.
Fixed price products are the ones like in amazon and flipkart. You can only apply coupon codes (if there are any and add the items to your cart).
Are all eBay products genuine?
No. eBay works as a market place even for individuals to sell products and hence you won’t be getting any guarantee of genuinity. So, how do you figure out which products you should buy?
- Try to reach the seller – This is something you never do in amazon or flipkart. But in eBay try to contact the seller before ordering the product and ask him all the questions you have. Including the return policy and warranty details.
- Look at the rating of the seller. You can be sure that all eBay reviews are genuine and given only by customers.
If you follow these simple guidelines you will most probably be free from junk and duplicate items.
I got a defected product. What should I do?
- Contact seller (Not eBay) within 10 days after the delivery date
- You can contact the seller by going to “MY eBay” section in your account.
- The seller will listen to you and try to fix the issue if it is his fault (within 4 days of filing the claim).
- If the seller doesn’t help you or is unwilling to address your claim (a dispute arise) then contact ebay customer care.
- eBay will then resolve the issue as per the guidelines and rules.
- eBay will get in touch with within 48 hours and will give you either a refund or replace the product.
I am a first time user. What discounts can I get?
Generally there is a Rs. 100 Off on Rs. 300 new user coupon in ebay. But it is subject to expiry. We will update the coupon as soon as ebay pulls up the promotion. Just subscribe to ebay store newsletter and we will inform you with a mail.
Why should you buy from eBay?
With all the speculations in the air, you mjust be wondering is eBay really secure or not. It is. Provided you do your research and pick the best seller. You will be able to save some big bucks by getting a laptop or mobile or gadget from ebay. Most of the top sellers import things from the US under sales and sell them for a far lesser price than in amazon and flipkart. Coupled with a sale (here on eBay) you can save a lot.
NOTE: In case of gadgets and appliances, make sure the seller is providing manufacturer warranty. This is important because in case any defect comes up you can take that item directly to the respective company’s physical store.
Why is eBay so cheap?
eBay has many sellers who import stuff from US (usually they get them under sales at a much cheaper price) and sell it here with a small margin. So, there is a considerable difference in the pricing of goods sold in eBay vs other ecommerce sites.