In this modern age, each and every person is travelling almost ten days a month; it is crucial to follow a few easy steps to make your travel better in every possible way. These best tricks will save money, time and space during your next vacation.
Here are 25 Travel Hacks that will help is having a great vacation:
- While you are travelling, it’s hard to keep your hair fresh, and we do not always have access to a shower. In such cases make sure to carry a dry shampoo along with you. To soak up excess oil and keep your hair dry and smelling delightful!
- Make sure to carry a tinted sunscreen everywhere you travel. You can even avoid a foundation altogether. With the help of a tinted sunscreen, you can protect your skin from the sun and also get a base coverage for your face!
- It is a mess to mix up your makeup products with the rest of your toiletries, keep a separate makeup bag that is dedicated exclusively to your makeup products. So it is easier to quickly find the product you wish to use without any mess of searching for those small products.
- Save the shape of your cupped bras and save up on some space by stacking your bras one over the other and folding it halfway and stuffing it with some underwear to use the extra space and also avoid your bras from losing shape.
- Do you wish to save space by reducing the number of makeup products you carry?. Well, there’s a hack for that! You can collect some amount of the product onto a cotton pad or an ear bud and dab some eye shadow or lip colour each for one use and save them in a ziplock bag.
- Protect breakable products such as perfumes or other glass bottles by wrapping it between clothes or even tucking them inside socks. This measure will avoid any breakage, and also you can tape up the mouths of the perfume case or body lotions, shampoos and other liquids to prevent any leakage.
- Leggings are a reliable and comfy bet when traveling. You can use them under dresses and skirts, or even for a workout.
- Are you traveling only for the weekend? If that is the case, you can put foundation or powder into contact cases to bring small quantities.
- It is always best to pre-pack what you can and when you can. Keep a toiletry bag handy, so that you don’t have to struggle the night before you leave and you have everything once you reach your destination.
- Place a cotton pad in your blush or powder compact to ensure that it won’t break while you’re in transit.
- Roll your clothes when you pack your luggage, it saves space and looks a lot more organised.
- Always pack your laptop and other electronics in smaller bags so you can access them anytime you want. And you won’t have to worry about lugging your carry-on bag with you everywhere.
- It is always best to make your own travel beverage than rely on the ones served outside. Carry a thermos on you with lemon, honey, and your own tea bag, you can also carry readymade coffee packets with sugar mixed in them and then have the flight attendant fill it with hot water—it makes the flight a tiny bit more relaxing.
- Wear your heaviest shoes on the plane (like maybe those Rockport boots you just bought) as well as your heaviest coat. This will help save room in your luggage to pack more and that coat will also double as a great pillow.
- Save an empty plastic water bottle and refill it after passing security instead of buying water at the airport which costs a bomb and will surely burn a hole in your pocket.
- Try carrying a power strip with you every time you travel, this way you not only can charge your electronics but can also be a saviour to other fellow travellers.
- Take public transport as often as possible. Especially in foreign countries, it can be daunting, but grab an app for your phone (or print a public transportation map) before you leave to make things easier. Google Maps can be viewed offline if, while you are still on WiFi before you set out, type “ok maps” into the searchbar to save your current view. MetrO (for IOS and Android) is another great app for navigating public transport around the globe.
- Another great hack when you are travelling abroad or within the country is by carrying your student ID card to get discounts at attractions. Even if you graduated a few years ago, many student IDs don’t have expiration dates.
- Street food should be your go-to meal. Empanadas in South America, kebabs in Turkey, samosas in Mumbai — these foods are cheap, easy, and delicious.
- A little thing called “dynamic pricing” means that no, refreshing a window 147,554 times will not make a flight cheaper, but, in fact, may make the price go up as it changes based on demand. While most people like to get around this by using incognito windows, clearing your search history and cookies is a safer bet.
- Wear a night moisturizer on long flights because it’s extra hydrating and you’ll have plenty of time to let it sink in and do its job.
- Use a pill container to store and sort your jewelry. This way is tidy and easy and you won’t lose any of them.
- Wear clothes preferably with deep pockets when on a plane it’ll prevent you from having to dig through your bag for your phone, wallet, and boarding pass every you need something.
- Always carry extra pairs of underwear in your carryon luggage in case your luggage winds up lost. So it is always better to carry extras.
- Throw in a hotel bar soap into your dirty laundry bag so it doesn’t stink up your suitcase for the rest of your trip. This is a great tip when you do not have any silica gel packets of naphthalene balls lying around.
So next time you are off on a trip with family, friends or even alone keep these hacks in mind to have a vacation in which you will save time, money and space and enjoy to the fullest.