How to book a cab in UBER app?
- Just download the app from Play store or app store
- Enter your info and contact details
- Once you sign in UBER will automatically detect the cabs near you
- Give the destination and click on “Ride now”
- You can request a ride instantly (if the cabs are available) or can book a cab in advance (1hour in advance)
- Once you are done booking a cab, you will get the details of the Cab driver in a message and also you can see his information on the app screen. Call him if you want to give any directions.
- Once when you are onboard the cab, the driver will start the ride and you will be charged.
What are the different types of UBER cabs available?
- UBER offers three different tiers of cars to suit different budgets, UBER X, UBER SUVs, and UBER Black.
- UBER X is the most popular option because it was the cheapest option launched keeping in mind the Indian consumer.
- UBER Go and UBER black are ideal if you are looking to accommodate more people or more luxurious cars. Black is a luxury sedan, SUVs are SUVs for larger groups, X is non-luxury cars...often personal rides, XL is the same but for SUVs.
How to get a free ride with UBER coupon?
- If you are a new user and you haven’t signed up to the UBER app yet, you can download it and use the code SHOPPIRATE80 to get 80% Off on your bill.
- If your bill amount is below Rs. 150, you can use the coupon SHOPPIRATE150 to get Rs. 150 discount (in other terms - a free ride).
- You can also refer your friends and family by using your unique referral code and get free rides once they sign up with that code.
How to apply free ride in UBER app ?
- Download UBER App.
- Enter your information. You will have to enter your first name, last name, email ID and mobile number. Remember, you must only enter email ID and number that have not been used before (new user only).
- Once you complete that, you will get an option to select mode of payment. i.e credit/debit card, Paytm wallet, airtel money and cash in order.
- You can select any payment mode you prefer.
- But before you do that, there will be an option to enter the promo code on the top right corner.
- You can enter the first ride promo code (SHOPPIRATE80 for instance) there and click on “Add Promo”.
- Once you are done with that, you will get a message on the screen “80% Off on First ride”
- Now just move on and book a cab and you will be given the discount in the bill amount.
What are the terms and conditions for UBER first free ride?
- You can earn free rides or UBER account credit by inviting your friends to signup and ride using your personal invite code.
- You can get your invite code by clicking on "Free rides" column on the mobile app.
- Referral promotion codes are applicable to an invited user's first ride — they are not intended for existing users.
Can I use my UBER first free ride with zero balance in paytm wallet ?
Yes, you can use your free ride without any balance in Paytm. But if your bill exceeds the free ride amount you will have to add money to Paytm and can pay with it. Or you can ignore the entire process and just pay with cash.
Does UBER takes cash?
Yes, UBER takes cash. If you have any free ride you can apply the coupon and can pay the remaining amount with your Paytm wallet, cash or airtel money wallet. UBER will now accept cash in Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Delhi.
How UBER surcharge works?
- UBER fares increase during peak hours (in the morning and in the evening when people go back to home from work).
- UBER says surge pricing is essential to ensure reliability and availability of cabs for people who are willing to pay some extra money. As of July 31st, Uber has limited the surge price to be in the range of 2x-3x. It cannot exceed 3x. Update your app to the latest version to
- But if you want to save money and avoid that too, you can always book your cab in normal hours and avoid rush hours.
How UBER Pool works?
- This is actually fun and a great way to save on all UBER rides. You can share your ride with someone and split the fare with them. UBERPOOL matches you with riders heading in the same direction. So you share your ride and split the cost.
- Select UBER pool at the bottom of your screen and select the pickup location and destination.
- You can see a guaranteed fare on the app.
- You may get matched with another rider in the same way. Connected with another rider or not you will need to pay the guaranteed fare.
How UBER Referral Works?
- Once you sign in into the UBER app, you can click on the “Free rides” option in the menu on the top left corner.
- You will get a unique code which you can share with your friends and family.
- Once they sign up to UBER app and use your promo code, they will Rs. 125 Off on their first ride and you will get a free ride worth Rs. 125.
- You can view all your free rides on the app and if you want to apply the free ride, just select promotions tab while booking a cab.
Does UBER operate in Goa?
No, at this point of time, UBER does not operate in Goa. You can book other local cabs if you want to go places.
How to discard the promo code I applied and apply another one?
You cannot "remove" the code that you applied in the first place. But if you want to change it, just click on the "promo code" section on the app and apply the new code.
How to book an UBER cab without mobile app?
All you need to do is open your browser and enter "dial.uber.com" and book a cab.